Monday, December 12, 2016

Wk 10:What I See Myself Doing

What I See Myself Doing & How I Will Get It Done


The journey I have started towards becoming a chef has been exciting, to say the least. It has been a true test of my determination, patience, and faith. My vision is to take those same attributes and own an establishment that is a reflection of those as well. My concept is to own a bakery that incorporates the use of flowers. My background as a florist gave me some of the initial inspiration for this idea. I am definitely open to the idea of working in the industry prior to opening my own shop. I believe it is crucial to gain experience from the many sources available. Each kitchen I work in or each chef I work alongside, will give me a new set of skills to build my own repertoire.

            Understanding the amount of time my career will require is something I am very aware of. Rarely will you become great over night or in little time. I am prepared to work my way up the ladder. I am eager to learn as much as I can and be in an environment where I can apply the knowledge. Application is key. I could have so much knowledge and if I never seek the opportunity to use it, it will definitely do me no good. I believe very strongly in surrounding oneself with like-minded people.  My aspiration is to be an outstanding chef, therefore, I have to find the appropriate and strongest players now. Looking forward to my vision, I want the people that come through the doors of my establishment to feel the passion that goes into my craft. I believe that anybody can make food, but I believe that when you do so with passion, that transforms your plate. When you truly pour yourself into what you are creating and it is done so with care and love, it is like giving a very intimate part of you to others.

            As this would be my second career, I am sure that this is where I want to be. Many years ago I had the opportunity to embark in the culinary world. I didn’t do so. The reality of it is I was nervous about it not being as lucrative as I aspired. However, I now understand that the money to be made is not my driving force. Anyone can have a high paying career. I am not against high paying careers, but what I am searching for is to be joyous and at peace with what I do. If I love it, and I am constantly learning more about it, my betterment is inevitable. When you sharpen your skills and follow the calling on your life, the money will follow.

            My resume may not be as full as some of my peers, however, I believe that the qualities that are within me will set me apart. I have a great desire to succeed. I feel that I owe it to myself to live a life that is full and prosperous. I want to do many things for others as well. I love the idea of doing charity work and being a blessing to my local community. As I go into the future, there are many ideas and projects that come to mind. Some may say that I dream too big, that I ought to slow down. That my duties are those of a mother first…I say, how can I be of any good to them or others when I am not finding fulfillment in myself? I have a responsibility to myself. I know that being successful, as a chef will allow us a better quality of life. I refuse to live by other peoples’ standards for my life. I will do what needs to be done to get where I want to be.

            I feel blessed to be in the position I am today. I have come far from where I started. Although it has been a tough road, and many times I have felt defeated, I carry on. I know there is so much territory ahead of me that I have yet to explore.  I look forward to the new skills and connections this career will bring my way. I welcome all that is new and will help develop me into a great chef.




No comments:

Post a Comment